Indianola hosted a wonderful, frenetic party last night to welcome everyone back and what better way to do that than make-your-sundaes madness. It was strange to go to a party driven by their needs and desires, i.e., the ice cream takes all precedence over the socializing. After waiting in line for our sundaes, they ran around and played like maniacs with hordes of other kids. I am so damn old. I saw a young girl/woman crying with friends. I asked if she needed my help and reprimanded all the kids for giving noogies to one another. I asked if she needed more help and she, no longer in tears, repLIED, "No." Seconds later, I saw her with a gaggle of friends crying anew. Although I am adept at the problems of young children, my expertise only extrapolates to a certain point (4th grade -- maybe). We left with bellies full and new Indianola kids t-shirts. I'll post photos of those soon. Here a few from the festivities.
2 comments:
i so want a tshirt from that school
Kim, I REREAD the entire blog and loved it. I had not looked at it for a few days and the pictures of your "baby boys" brought back memories to me too. I enjoy your writing and your anniversary thoughts and pictures, as well as the Boys school stories.
You and Dave are great parents and you are a wonderful daughter-in-law and friend. Love, MAJO
Post a Comment